One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And it spends billions each year in social welfare programs that are endlessly duplicative and of dubious value.’
- ‘I'd like the comments to be a good and readable source of answers for readers, so I've deleted some comments that were erroneous, duplicative, nonresponsive, and the like.’
- ‘I think you're exactly right, this position seems, on the surface, to be already duplicative of at least two other positions here, national security adviser and the head of the CIA.’
- ‘Instead, they're building sites that tend to be derivative and duplicative of their print ‘parents,’ whose product characteristics come from a dead century.’
- ‘These inscriptions and patterns included conical imprints whose duplicative quality insinuated the instant gratification and subsequent disposal that affects most cities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.