One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A halftone illustration made from a single original with two different colors at different screen angles.
picture, drawing, sketch, figure, graphicView synonyms
- ‘This magnificent book - large-format, 340 pages, beautifully printed, with more than 200 full-page duotones of photographs taken over her entire career - is almost, almost, worth it for the words.’
- ‘At 13 1/2 by 9 inches, this 185-page, clothbound publication is a large, vertically oriented book of 115 duotones surveying his production since 1984.’
- ‘The duotones which he pulls out of blurred contrasts of branches against sky, for example, in their jerky linear complexity remind one of ink drawings.’
- ‘My background had not prepared me very well for the juggler's trick the magazine presented, let alone the mysteries of production-pasteup, duotones, negatives, plate burning, color separations, and so much more.’
- 1.1 The technique or process of making duotone illustrations.‘the best images that duotone can produce’
- ‘Heavily illustrated in color and duotone, the 256-page hardback book features his monumental and studio sculpture, plaster and clay maquettes, as well as drawings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.