Inflammation of the duodenum.
- ‘Additionally, she had suffered from gastroesophageal reflux disease, and an endoscopic examination in 1998 revealed esophagitis, gastritis, and duodenitis.’
- ‘Up to 20% may have endoscopic reflux oesophagitis, and 15-20% may have peptic ulcer disease, including duodenitis.’
- ‘Endoscopy is useful in evaluating symptoms of pain, dysphagia, and hematemesis, and to differentiate GERD from peptic ulcer disease, Helicobacter pylori infection, gastritis, and duodenitis.’
- ‘A 67-year-old woman was prescribed ticlopidine for the primary prevention of heart disease after endoscopy revealed severe erosive gastritis and duodenitis caused by aspirin therapy.’
- ‘However, as with motility disorders, there is little correlation between symptoms and severity of duodenitis, and no relationship between treatment and improvement of mucosal appearance on endoscopy.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.