One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fantasy role-playing game set in an imaginary world based loosely on medieval myth.
- ‘However, if you have an interest in cosmic knights, trolls, witches, devil women or other manifestations of too many hours spent playing Dungeons and Dragons then metal is your music.’
- ‘She was a knockout, the most eligible bachelorette in all of England and the bulk of Scandinavia and yet she was absolutely obsessed with Dungeons and Dragons!’
- ‘Anyway, the audience was almost sold out and was wise to the ins and outs of Dungeons and Dragons and laughed uproariously.’
- ‘What about games that use something besides six-sided dice (although Dungeons and Dragons is the only such game I can think of at the moment)?’
- ‘There were signs all over advertising the latest games, and there was always a group of kids playing Dungeons and Dragons outside the store sitting at a small circular table.’
- ‘However this is not to condemn all role-playing, or Dungeons and Dragons in particular.’
- ‘Now I know that however law-abiding and nice to people I am, I'm still going to burn in hell forever because I once played Dungeons and Dragons.’
- ‘1982 was a time when the fantasy genre was taking off due to the rising popularity of the game Dungeons and Dragons.’
- ‘So I was happy when I got to my job after college and found people (normal people, thank you) to play Dungeons and Dragons with.’
- ‘Most of the early drop was due to competition from role playing games like Dungeons and Dragons.’
- ‘We just played Dungeons and Dragons throughout our entire High School Prom!’
- ‘Much like the movie itself, the game Dungeons and Dragons bored me to tears when I tried to play it.’
- ‘There were many scapegoats, including much finger pointing at the emergence of the role playing craze, led by the phenomenally successful Dungeons and Dragons.’
- ‘Role playing, originating as Dungeons and Dragons, has expanded to include settings and game systems in every imaginable sphere, and then some.’
- ‘The scope of this study includes not only fantasy adventure games such as Dungeons and Dragons, but also card games, board games, and videogames.’
- ‘And the winner of the most bizarre random scene of the week would have to be where Lou is playing Dungeons and Dragons, dressed like a wizard, with some geeks, at the High School.’
- ‘This sounds too much like Dungeons and Dragons, or something.’
- ‘But has anyone played Dungeons and Dragons recently?’
- ‘Christy started with Dungeons and Dragons years ago, a precursor to many video games, then she stumbled across a similar world on her computer.’
- ‘I have been an avid roleplaying game fan for more than 20 years, and like many others, played Dungeons and Dragons extensively.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.