One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A low, wide-wheeled motor vehicle for recreational driving on sand.
- ‘We have also seen many men who are out on their dune buggies, going up and down through the highways trying to see if they spot anything there.’
- ‘While it is high-tech in Santa Monica, with helicopters, speed boats, four-wheel drives, and dune buggies, one of the Burntisland lifeguards has brought his mountain bike into work.’
- ‘We would welcome restrictions on activities in the dunes and see quads and dune buggies doing most of the damage, while some campers are guilty of leaving a mess at times or driving on the grasses to park up or to erect tents.’
- ‘Suddenly a bunch of dune buggies and jeeps come out of nowhere.’
- ‘Astronauts would roam the surface in hi-tech dune buggies to search for answers to scientific riddles that continue to baffle researchers.’
- ‘So he was greeted by dune buggies, which then took him across a lunar landscape for five hours to a collection of yurts, or Mongolian tents.’
- ‘When he attempted to build a dune buggy from an old car, he taught Alan to wield an arc welder to help him do the job.’
- ‘Instead, it was swarming with motorcycles and dune buggies, punching it over ridges, plunging full-bore down the backside of the dunes.’
- ‘Lots of plagues, a famine or two, and a giant seven-headed dragon that's not really a dragon but a metaphor for another metaphor for something that may or may not be a mountain or a snake or a dune buggy.’
- ‘I headed for the attic where I found a dune buggy.’
- ‘There were no surprises whatsoever and whatever plot there was happened in the background while I was busy fighting crabs in a mineshaft or trying to flip a dune buggy over with a gravity gun.’
- ‘The soldier pulls Robert from the scene and puts him in the dune buggy.’
- ‘One of the best levels in the game has a timid scientist driving a dune buggy while you man the rear-mounted machine gun.’
- ‘How pray tell have we humans managed to put a plethora of dune buggies on Mars but are apparently unable to come up with an effective stratagem for killing roaches?’
- ‘The dune buggy, designed and sprayed to resemble a racing car, is capable of doing speeds of 100 miles per hour, although it will be used for display.’
- ‘We have cars, trucks, dune buggies, motorcycles, rigs and tanks.’
- ‘Regardless of whether those folks cross the desert in four-wheel-drive trucks, dune buggies, or hiking boots, they typically don't tread lightly enough to leave desert pavement intact.’
- ‘Sitting there is a dune buggy and several different weapons.’
- ‘In the US it is staggering how many people ride around in dune buggies, which is fun but is a significant cause of dust storms and pollution.’
- ‘There are dune buggies and motor bikes for careering over the dunes, a mock Mongolian yurt, and camels and Mongolian horses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.