One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A low, wide-wheeled motor vehicle for recreational driving on sand.
- ‘The dune buggy, designed and sprayed to resemble a racing car, is capable of doing speeds of 100 miles per hour, although it will be used for display.’
- ‘Sitting there is a dune buggy and several different weapons.’
- ‘There are dune buggies and motor bikes for careering over the dunes, a mock Mongolian yurt, and camels and Mongolian horses.’
- ‘Regardless of whether those folks cross the desert in four-wheel-drive trucks, dune buggies, or hiking boots, they typically don't tread lightly enough to leave desert pavement intact.’
- ‘In the US it is staggering how many people ride around in dune buggies, which is fun but is a significant cause of dust storms and pollution.’
- ‘Lots of plagues, a famine or two, and a giant seven-headed dragon that's not really a dragon but a metaphor for another metaphor for something that may or may not be a mountain or a snake or a dune buggy.’
- ‘Instead, it was swarming with motorcycles and dune buggies, punching it over ridges, plunging full-bore down the backside of the dunes.’
- ‘How pray tell have we humans managed to put a plethora of dune buggies on Mars but are apparently unable to come up with an effective stratagem for killing roaches?’
- ‘So he was greeted by dune buggies, which then took him across a lunar landscape for five hours to a collection of yurts, or Mongolian tents.’
- ‘I headed for the attic where I found a dune buggy.’
- ‘There were no surprises whatsoever and whatever plot there was happened in the background while I was busy fighting crabs in a mineshaft or trying to flip a dune buggy over with a gravity gun.’
- ‘We have also seen many men who are out on their dune buggies, going up and down through the highways trying to see if they spot anything there.’
- ‘One of the best levels in the game has a timid scientist driving a dune buggy while you man the rear-mounted machine gun.’
- ‘The soldier pulls Robert from the scene and puts him in the dune buggy.’
- ‘While it is high-tech in Santa Monica, with helicopters, speed boats, four-wheel drives, and dune buggies, one of the Burntisland lifeguards has brought his mountain bike into work.’
- ‘Suddenly a bunch of dune buggies and jeeps come out of nowhere.’
- ‘Astronauts would roam the surface in hi-tech dune buggies to search for answers to scientific riddles that continue to baffle researchers.’
- ‘We have cars, trucks, dune buggies, motorcycles, rigs and tanks.’
- ‘When he attempted to build a dune buggy from an old car, he taught Alan to wield an arc welder to help him do the job.’
- ‘We would welcome restrictions on activities in the dunes and see quads and dune buggies doing most of the damage, while some campers are guilty of leaving a mess at times or driving on the grasses to park up or to erect tents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.