One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There is no distinction in India between deafness and deaf and dumbness and, because Ian can speak, they have trouble believing that he cannot hear.’
- ‘So in our dumbness we consumers prefer the inherently unfair multi-line system because we haven't trained our brains to appreciate the merits of single lines.’
- ‘Aside from the intrinsic dumbness of the bill itself, there is also the outrageous process by which it was reported out of the conference committee.’
- ‘At the time, it seemed dazzling in its dumbness.’
- ‘Ear research is in an advanced stage, and dumbness also could be cured.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.