One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I was standing there dumbly trying to absorb the enormity of what I had witnessed when it struck me that I had a family to worry about.’
- ‘We all grinned dumbly at him, not one hundred percent sure what to say.’
- ‘But it's more a question of identity; of doing more than dumbly assenting to every Republican whim.’
- ‘When he was done speaking, he kind of ushered me offstage with him, and, dumbly, I followed.’
- ‘Her most obvious talent is an ability to stare dumbly at her interviewees in a manner which, she hopes, suggests interest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.