One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stupid person.
- ‘With only about four percent of our population still farming, it's okay to think of them as ‘dumb clucks?’’
- ‘The dumb cluck's probably a virgin, I thought, what with all that fanaticism about ‘purity.’’
- ‘They have so much chemistry, the dumb cluck has no credibility at all.’
- ‘When his behavior spotlights the chasm between the ideal father and the dumb cluck who tries to fill that role, the ideals are called into question.’
- ‘He stated: ‘He is a Harvard-educated guy; he's not some dumb cluck just off the farm.’’
dumb cluck/ˌdəm ˈklək/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.