A small African antelope that typically has a tuft of hair between the horns, found mainly in the rainforest.
- ‘In this park of 137 sq km area, you will see baboon, colobus and vervet monkeys, duikers, elephant, buffalo, giraffe, hippo, leopard, hyena, zebra and a wide range of antelopes.’
- ‘And snares have decimated the local population of Ader's duiker, Africa's most endangered antelope.’
- ‘Animals include duikers, eland and colobus, vervet and blue monkeys.’
- ‘Nyika is well known for its wild flowers and birds, also in addition the one park where roan antelope are common, zebra, eland, common duiker, reedbuck, bushbuck, blue monkey and leopard are also present.’
- ‘In the centre of the country, the alpine moorland and montane forests of Mt. Kenya and the Aberdares conceal rare bongo antelope, red duiker, suni, bushbuck, Giant forest hog and colobus monkeys.’
Late 18th century: from South African Dutch, from Dutch, literally diver from the animal's habit of plunging through bushes when pursued; related to duck.