One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The date on which something falls due, especially the payment of a bill or the expected birth of a baby.
- ‘This feature deducts your monthly charges from your credit or debit card on the due date.’
- ‘Know the rate, know the fees, pay at least the minimum payment by the due date.’
- ‘It was a sunny Friday afternoon, and Tracy was three days past the due date for her first baby.’
- ‘Penalties will in future be levied at 10% per month from the first day after the due date.’
- ‘Because she was unsure of the date of her last period, she was also uncertain as to the due date of the birth of her child.’
- ‘The due date depends on whether the individual made a seven year deferral.’
- ‘The age at which your baby is expected to reach various milestones is based on her due date, not her birthday.’
- ‘You have seven years from the due date of the original return to file, Schafer says.’
- ‘Plan now to ensure the correct tax will be paid by the due date, and that the return can be filed by the revised filing date.’
- ‘A minority of calls are from people who fail to pay their bills before the due date.’
- ‘If you filed your return before the due date, it is considered to have been filed on the due date.’
- ‘Others may revoke your on-time discounts if a payment arrives a day after the due date, he says.’
- ‘The grace period begins on the statement closing date and ends on the payment due date.’
- ‘If Valentia does not achieve 80 per cent support by the due date, it can extend the offer for a few weeks.’
- ‘They must also make sure that they can repay the principal when the due date arrives.’
- ‘The extension time period for fiscal and calendar year taxpayers is the original due date plus six months.’
- ‘The amount should be based on the time between closing and the due date of property taxes.’
- ‘Use your diary to record due dates and actions required.’
- ‘Most companies send bills well in advance of due dates.’
- ‘You are required by law to notify your employer that you are pregnant no later than 15 weeks before your expected due date.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.