One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The date on which something falls due, especially the payment of a bill or the expected birth of a baby.
- ‘Use your diary to record due dates and actions required.’
- ‘Plan now to ensure the correct tax will be paid by the due date, and that the return can be filed by the revised filing date.’
- ‘The age at which your baby is expected to reach various milestones is based on her due date, not her birthday.’
- ‘The extension time period for fiscal and calendar year taxpayers is the original due date plus six months.’
- ‘Others may revoke your on-time discounts if a payment arrives a day after the due date, he says.’
- ‘The grace period begins on the statement closing date and ends on the payment due date.’
- ‘Know the rate, know the fees, pay at least the minimum payment by the due date.’
- ‘The amount should be based on the time between closing and the due date of property taxes.’
- ‘A minority of calls are from people who fail to pay their bills before the due date.’
- ‘This feature deducts your monthly charges from your credit or debit card on the due date.’
- ‘Because she was unsure of the date of her last period, she was also uncertain as to the due date of the birth of her child.’
- ‘If you filed your return before the due date, it is considered to have been filed on the due date.’
- ‘You have seven years from the due date of the original return to file, Schafer says.’
- ‘If Valentia does not achieve 80 per cent support by the due date, it can extend the offer for a few weeks.’
- ‘Most companies send bills well in advance of due dates.’
- ‘It was a sunny Friday afternoon, and Tracy was three days past the due date for her first baby.’
- ‘They must also make sure that they can repay the principal when the due date arrives.’
- ‘The due date depends on whether the individual made a seven year deferral.’
- ‘You are required by law to notify your employer that you are pregnant no later than 15 weeks before your expected due date.’
- ‘Penalties will in future be levied at 10% per month from the first day after the due date.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.