One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a gland that secretes directly into the bloodstream, such as an endocrine gland or a lymph gland.
- ‘Today's hype about genetic enhancement, cloning, and stem cells was preceded by a much earlier hype about hormones, secretions, and ductless glands.’
- ‘They also possess ductless endocrine glands that play a critical role in regulating the body metabolism.’
- ‘All the organs of the body, the ductless glands included, are weakened.’
- ‘Endocrine glands by contrast are ductless, and secrete hormones directly into the bloodstream.’
- ‘These cellular masses, designated as the ductless glands or glands of internal secretion, have during development lost their original connection with the epithelium of the free surface.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.