One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Darling; dear (used as a form of address)‘come and sit down, ducky’
- ‘I couldn't resist hauling out the cliché machine, my duckies!’
- ‘Interesting my little ducky, I only hope I do not hurt you to much.’
- ‘Well, ducky, you'll definitely be in for a ride.’
Charming; delightful.‘everything here is just ducky’
entertaining, amusing, delightful, nice, to one's liking, pleasant, congenial, lovely, fine, good, great, agreeable, pleasurable, replayable, delicious, delectable, diverting, satisfying, gratifyingView synonyms
- ‘Maybe we'll get some more oil and maybe prices go up and everything is just ducky, right?’
- ‘I hope you'll have a ducky time with this information!’
Early 19th century: from duck.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.