One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A ducker and diver, Milutinovic has not always been able to ride above the waves.’
- ‘Secondly, he's a ducker and diver: always devising crazed schemes to get enough money for gambling.’
- ‘My character is a bit of a ducker and diver, but he'd never wish to cause any harm.’
- ‘‘He may well have been a ducker and diver,’ Adams wrote, ‘a loveable rogue or whatever, but to me he was a football man who knew his job in depth.’’
- ‘Ever since I was a little kid I was an excellent ducker.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.