One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of board made from plaster, wood pulp, or other material, used especially to form the interior walls of houses.
- ‘Water-resistant drywall used as a the backer quickly degrades once subjected to moisture.’
- ‘Then cut a new piece of drywall that is slightly larger than the hole.’
- ‘In a traditional barn, you won't find finishes like drywall or gypsum board.’
- ‘It is used for cutting openings in drywall or paneling or for curved cuts.’
- ‘Some molds and mildews are fond of the cellulose in the paper backing on drywall, insulation and wallpaper.’
- ‘They put up drywall, installed proper lighting, and painted the walls and floor a light almond color.’
- ‘With repeated exposure to water, drywall will soften and break down, so here's another indicator.’
- ‘Sometimes drywall is the only interior sheathing option for these wall panels.’
- ‘Always do a final sanding or sponging before preparing to paint or paper the newly applied drywall.’
- ‘It is a good idea to line the interior with plywood, since drywall can be easily busted through.’
- ‘Good advice, but how do you go about finding those often elusive studs in a wall that's covered with drywall or plaster?’
- ‘Building materials, such as drywall, may not allow moisture to escape easily.’
- ‘After removing the damaged portion of drywall, undercut the edges for a good clean opening.’
- ‘The techniques of working with drywall were presented in Chapter Three.’
- ‘If you use wheat paste in your finish plaster mix, you can put it right on drywall.’
- ‘Whether Ed meant to modernize the old house or refurbish it is unclear, but he dug a large pit under it and put up drywall in places drywall had little business being.’
- ‘Since you mentioned that your walls are plaster as opposed to drywall, this makes things a little easier.’
- ‘Cutting a complex piece of drywall takes a bit of precision and may best be done with a paper or cardboard template.’
- ‘Joists are the framing members in the ceiling that the plaster or drywall is attached to.’
- ‘Ceiling drywall can sag under heavy loads, such as those sometimes created by insulation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.