One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A method of farming in semiarid areas without the aid of irrigation, using drought-resistant crops and conserving moisture.
- ‘At the same time, shrublands and forests began to be cleared and converted to dry farming.’
- ‘He developed dry farming and irrigation methods.’
- ‘In Italy, dry farming with little irrigation was the norm.’
- ‘This latter group of small private producers combine livestock with dry farming and are referred to in this paper as small landowners.’
- ‘The majority of producers combine dry farming, small-scale cattle ranching, and off-farm activities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.