Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A method of farming in semiarid areas without the aid of irrigation, using drought-resistant crops and conserving moisture.
- ‘He developed dry farming and irrigation methods.’
- ‘At the same time, shrublands and forests began to be cleared and converted to dry farming.’
- ‘This latter group of small private producers combine livestock with dry farming and are referred to in this paper as small landowners.’
- ‘In Italy, dry farming with little irrigation was the norm.’
- ‘The majority of producers combine dry farming, small-scale cattle ranching, and off-farm activities.’
dryland farming/ˈdrīˌland ˌfärmiNG/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.