One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fabric softener sheet.
- ‘Used dryer sheets are perfect for this kind of stuffing or even tiny fabric scraps that are too small for other uses.’
- ‘If you have ever used a fabric softener dryer sheet with your polyester garments, you may have seen ‘grease’ spots appear on your garment.’
- ‘Do not use old dryer sheets, disposable dust towels or cleansers of any kind on these sensitive surfaces.’
- ‘Another thing that you can do is to place it inside a non-scented, anti-static dryer sheet to sop up odors.’
- ‘Rub a dryer sheet on tights, and static disappears!’
- ‘Similarly, Bounce dryer sheets may provide protection if you rub them on your skin and hang them from your belt loop.’
- ‘Laundry soap and dryer sheets can usually be bought where you are going.’
- ‘Interviews have been going on, and the guy being interviewed now smells like dryer sheets.’
- ‘Avoid using artificial air fresheners, dryer sheets, fabric softeners or other synthetic fragrances as they can pollute the air you are breathing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.