One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A well drilled for oil or gas but yielding none.
- ‘Some newly discovered fields will be gushers and some will be dry holes.’
- ‘But Shell withdrew from exploration, because for 2 years it had drilled nothing but dry holes.’
- ‘This is a Texas oilman who seemed to drill nothing but dry holes.’
- ‘You can spend a whole lot of money on exploration and still hit dry holes.’
- ‘It is very easy to drill dry holes and the only guarantee we have is that we will experience failures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.