One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Roasted without fat or oil.‘dry-roasted peanuts’
cook, oven-bake, dry-roast, roast, spit-roast, pot-roastView synonyms
- ‘To enjoy this benefit, along with all the others, be sure to eat raw or dry-roasted, unsalted nuts.’
- ‘You'll get 150 to 185 calories in a one-ounce serving of dry-roasted nuts.’
- ‘Investigators studied the effect of dry-roasted soy nuts on blood pressure in post-menopausal women.’
- ‘For those who have never eaten hemp seeds, the shells catch on the back of your tongue, a bit like the wings on dry-roasted crickets.’
- ‘Sprinkle with dry-roasted peanuts to add protein and fiber.’
- ‘At this point the meeting dissolved into an ugly fracas, the Committee fleeing before a barrage of stale sandwiches and dry-roasted cashew nuts.’
- ‘Seasoned, dry-roasted pumpkin seeds are low-carb.’
- ‘I'll treat you to a free packet of dry-roasted nuts when you buy a pint.’
- ‘Nestled inside is a dry-roasted nugget of crunchy Piedmontese hazelnut, whose flavor provokes you into realizing that this combination of sweet and savory is surely the work of brilliance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.