One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Roasted without fat or oil.‘dry-roasted peanuts’
cook, oven-bake, dry-roast, roast, spit-roast, pot-roastView synonyms
- ‘Seasoned, dry-roasted pumpkin seeds are low-carb.’
- ‘You'll get 150 to 185 calories in a one-ounce serving of dry-roasted nuts.’
- ‘At this point the meeting dissolved into an ugly fracas, the Committee fleeing before a barrage of stale sandwiches and dry-roasted cashew nuts.’
- ‘Investigators studied the effect of dry-roasted soy nuts on blood pressure in post-menopausal women.’
- ‘For those who have never eaten hemp seeds, the shells catch on the back of your tongue, a bit like the wings on dry-roasted crickets.’
- ‘Nestled inside is a dry-roasted nugget of crunchy Piedmontese hazelnut, whose flavor provokes you into realizing that this combination of sweet and savory is surely the work of brilliance.’
- ‘I'll treat you to a free packet of dry-roasted nuts when you buy a pint.’
- ‘Sprinkle with dry-roasted peanuts to add protein and fiber.’
- ‘To enjoy this benefit, along with all the others, be sure to eat raw or dry-roasted, unsalted nuts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.