One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See dry mounting
- ‘I dry-mount them and make another three-dimensional montage of their self-portraits, but this time in color.’
- ‘I also dry-mounted those little drugstore-processed snapshots onto pieces of mat board with a three-inch border, which was fortunate because it gave them support.’
- ‘Finally, the images are dry-mounted and framed to his specifications.’
- ‘Some experts, however, advise framers against dry mounting boards together for certain applications if you don't want the layers to show.’
- ‘Since I print one for the student plus one for me, I dry-mount a copy of each portrait on illustration board.’
- ‘Hot Press vacuum presses have a patented heated glass-top technology that allows strong adhesion when dry mounting and an even surface finish when overlaminating.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.