One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a drunk or intoxicated manner.‘he stumbled drunkenly along the street’
- ‘Do we tell our partners if we accidentally drunkenly cheat?’
- ‘Piles of clothing lay stacked against the walls; youths sprawled out on them, snoring drunkenly.’
- ‘He drunkenly mumbles through each scene.’
- ‘It's the sort of music you sing along to at 3 in the morning when you've drunkenly got your arm round your best mate.’
- ‘I admit I didn't hear a note, because the crazy crowd sang every word, loudly and drunkenly.’
- ‘Dev giggled drunkenly, and almost tripped again.’
- ‘One evening in a restaurant, sitting drunkenly filled with rage, he noticed people looking at him and realised that he had been shaking his hand in the air.’
- ‘He was slurring just as drunkenly as ever, but even so, his words scared her.’
- ‘In the back of my drunkenly hazed mind, I remembered writing something and saving it to the hard drive a long time ago ’
- ‘On other days she would wander half drunkenly through the village, quarrelling with everybody.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.