One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pharmacy which also sells toiletries and other articles.
- ‘Hearing protection devices, like earplugs, earmuffs and canal caps, are sold in drugstores and hardware stores.’
- ‘Coca-Cola, originally invented by a pharmacist, it was sold in a drugstore for five cents a glass.’
- ‘I find that supermarkets are cheaper than drugstores, and drugstores are cheaper than convenience stores.’
- ‘The device is sold at drugstores, including CVS and Costco.’
- ‘Big drugstores sell over 200 types of antibiotics which account for 15 per cent of all the medicines sold and 20 per cent of sales.’
- ‘Walgreens' strategy is to create ‘the best, most convenient drugstores, with high customer profit per visit,’ Collins says.’
- ‘The next day she would secretly buy herself a hand mirror from the drugstore on the corner.’
- ‘My plan was to go to the local drugstores, gas stations or supermarkets to try and find a job.’
- ‘My supermarkets and my drugstores do not carry them.’
- ‘‘Thigh creams’ commonly sold in drugstores often don't make the grade.’
- ‘Local hospitals and drugstores selling traditional Chinese medicines are pleased to see people spend their money lavishly on the expensive paste.’
- ‘Virtually all pharmacies, including neighborhood drugstores, sell medication in whatever quantity a physician prescribes.’
- ‘For much of the century, comics had traditionally been sold in drugstores and news-stands.’
- ‘For most of the century, opium, morphine, and cocaine were legally and cheaply available without a prescription at drugstores and grocery stores and through the mail.’
- ‘Wouldn't you rather have her issue arrive in your mailbox as opposed to loafing around bodegas and drugstores for hours until you build up the courage to buy it?’
- ‘Here's a sampling of some of the newest products you'll find on the shelves of supermarkets, drugstores and mass merchandisers.’
- ‘During your showers or baths this week, gently scrub your skin with a wet loofah, a natural sponge available at drugstores and natural food stores.’
- ‘Are these sorts of masks commonly sold in drugstores?’
- ‘We stopped at one unoccupied corner near the gate, in front of a drugstore, with the two boys shielding me from view.’
- ‘We note when ingredients can also be bought in conventional groceries and drugstores.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.