One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drug addict.
- ‘Spun puts a spin on the world of druggies, drug makers, and drug dealers.’
- ‘They have grown up since the last time you have seen them; what if they are druggies or rapists?’
- ‘But, to be fair, my class mainly consisted of mindless jocks, cheerleaders, and druggies.’
- ‘Both dogs and druggies could benefit from this plan.’
- ‘Matthew gathered together all the people he knew, and that night Joshua and His friends partied the night away with a house full of dealers, thugs, pimps, druggies, hookers and the like.’
- ‘Behind the bleachers would be the druggies and elementary kids who were too busy chasing girls to focus on the game.’
- ‘Either way, deals amongst druggies are always cemented with the ceremonial passing of the needle.’
- ‘Even without the druggies crowding the place, the apartment was still a dump.’
- ‘That's why my parents don't suspect I'm doing drugs since they think that all druggies get bad grades and do poorly in school.’
- ‘‘People like me who suffer every day aren't concerned about addiction or being labeled as druggies,’ he says.’
- ‘Plus, drug therapy only works if the druggie really wants it to.’
- ‘The sorry truth for all you druggies is that the myth that taking drugs equates to being a more interesting member of society has been exploded.’
- ‘I was going to tell you when we first met but then you mentioned how you tried to distance yourself from druggies.’
- ‘In terms of using the cash payment as an incentive to kick a drugs habit, you'd run up against the problem that some druggies would milk the system as long as possible to finance the drug habit.’
- ‘I hated the druggies who threw their lives away for some artificial high.’
- ‘At the same time he paints a sad picture of the dreamland inhabited by his drunks, druggies and small-time punks.’
- ‘If I started smoking pot then I would be a druggy.’
- ‘Everyone knows that Jonah and Carl are druggies.’
- ‘The point of my letter was simply that it would make more sense to put these druggies to work, performing some of the unskilled mobs which are now delegated to foreign slave labour.’
- ‘His mother was a druggie, so ever since he was born, I've taken care of him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.