One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who transports illegal drugs by swallowing them or concealing them in a body cavity.
- ‘And when we told them we were making a film about a drug mule, the wall came down.’
- ‘A trip as a drug mule, smuggling cocaine into the US in her stomach, pays $5,000 and is a chance to transform her life.’
- ‘Detectives said the high-grade cocaine had been smuggled into Tobago a few days ago by international drug mules and was supposed to be collected by local dealers.’
- ‘I think it's great that audiences are seeing your film in Colombia, and that potential drug mules are rethinking their choices.’
- ‘New detection measures at both international airports will clearly identify drug mules and other couriers.’
- ‘She found a quicker way to make money: being a drug mule.’
- ‘Children are also forced to work as domestic servants, drug mules, in sweatshops and restaurants, or as beggars or pickpockets.’
- ‘The Scottish Prison Officers' Association said it wants a re-examination of the law to give warders the legal right to carry out intimate internal searches on suspected drug mules.’
- ‘Lloyd, the manager, is now a drug mule.’
- ‘Rcently, this country has been suffering very bad publicity in the U.K. because of a spate of drug mules that they have been catching at the airports.’
- ‘They were attracted by the lure of a two weeks' free holiday in the sun and a £5,000 pay off to act as drug mules.’
- ‘Police said he had been contracting drug mules to swallow and smuggle cocaine into Europe.’
- ‘Joshua, who researched and interviewed former and imprisoned drug mules, heard their stories and let them be known.’
- ‘When I asked him about the trail of destruction and violence that accompanies heroin's journey from the poppy fields to his body - particularly the plight of mainly female drug mules - I don't think he'd given it any thought.’
- ‘‘I no longer describe this as a film about drug mules,’ he says.’
- ‘He offers Maria freedom, first on the back of his motorbike, then with the opportunity to earn 'easy' money as a drug mule.’
- ‘Boxy is the transsexual dealer who keeps Bole supplied with pills in return for his services as a drug mule.’
- ‘I think the most likely scenario is that they were tricked into thinking they were involved as drug mules in the movement of drugs from Leeds to London.’
- ‘One person, a drug mule from South Africa, was given a suspended sentence despite having over 200,000 of cocaine.’
- ‘If the nine young people are guilty of acting as drug mules, then they made a serious and tragic mistake, which may well cost their lives.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.