One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of waistline on a dress cut so that the seam is positioned at the hips rather than the waist.
- ‘Features include two outer pockets, an inner security pocket, a rollaway hood, Velcro cuffs, and a lower-back drop waist.’
- ‘It has a sweetheart neckline and a dropped waist.’
- ‘Avoid any styles with a drop waist, which adds length to the torso.’
- ‘She can be a budding starlet from the days of silent movies in slinky glittery numbers and crochet bikinis or a Great Gatsby girl in modest bathing suits and perky resort wear featuring stripes, small neck bows and drop waists.’
- ‘Fluttering hemlines, waterfall necklines and dropped waists are faultlessly translated in vintage florals and delicate prints.’
- ‘2.Make dresses for girls longer with drop waists allowing them to last another season.’
- ‘With very little thought as to what to wear, Adaela dressed in a light colored dress, sort of a dawn pink that had a dropped waist, rounded neckline, and sleeves that fluttered from the elbow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.