One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of waistline on a dress cut so that the seam is positioned at the hips rather than the waist.
- ‘Features include two outer pockets, an inner security pocket, a rollaway hood, Velcro cuffs, and a lower-back drop waist.’
- ‘2.Make dresses for girls longer with drop waists allowing them to last another season.’
- ‘It has a sweetheart neckline and a dropped waist.’
- ‘She can be a budding starlet from the days of silent movies in slinky glittery numbers and crochet bikinis or a Great Gatsby girl in modest bathing suits and perky resort wear featuring stripes, small neck bows and drop waists.’
- ‘With very little thought as to what to wear, Adaela dressed in a light colored dress, sort of a dawn pink that had a dropped waist, rounded neckline, and sleeves that fluttered from the elbow.’
- ‘Avoid any styles with a drop waist, which adds length to the torso.’
- ‘Fluttering hemlines, waterfall necklines and dropped waists are faultlessly translated in vintage florals and delicate prints.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.