Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Bicycle handlebars of which the handles are bent below the rest of the bar, used especially on racing cycles.
- ‘The last time, though, I found that I couldn't manage drop handlebars, and took a dive.’
- ‘For more performance, expect lighter frames and drop handlebars.’
- ‘The switch from dropped handlebars to straight alters the whole upper body posture.’
- ‘Bicycles still have rubber, inflatable tyres, wheels with spokes, drop handlebars and narrow saddles.’
- ‘No drop handlebars, Lycra pants or men with shaven legs.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.