One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A secured receptacle into which items such as returned books or videotapes, payments, keys, or donated clothing can be deposited.
- ‘He'd stopped to retrieve his mail from the inside shoot of the built-in drop box and flipped on the light switch just inside of the front door.’
- ‘The company is now offering locator services for cell-phone users who might want to find the nearest hotel, gas station, or FedEx drop box.’
- ‘Nurses were asked to complete the Job Enjoyment Scale anonymously and leave it in a drop box when exiting the presentation room.’
- ‘It had been sent from a drop box adjacent to the Ann Arbor hotel where Coronado had rented a room.’
- ‘The peel pack should be sealed with evidence tape, labeled, and placed in the drop box or given to the forensic nurse examiner or law enforcement officer, if one is available.’
- ‘‘A few days ago, we became aware we were having some variances and the money in the drop box was not what it should have been,’ he said.’
- ‘Mailed surveys should allow for two types of returns: a drop box within the facility and a return envelope.’
- ‘I wish there was a book drop box closer, since we have a box of those to get rid of too!’
- ‘Respondents were given the option of returning their questionnaires in an anonymous drop box or a stamped envelope addressed to our laboratory in Austin, Texas.’
- ‘Customers will purchase the mailers from frame shops and use them to ship damaged photos or certificates via the shipping company's drop box or home pickup.’
- ‘Can't complaints be filed on email or over telephone or by way of drop boxes?’
- ‘We cleared out our closets this morning and took three big bags full of clothes to the charity drop box.’
- ‘We don't have one in our city, but we have needle drop boxes in some of the parks.’
- ‘She insisted once again that drop box videos are checked in the same day, before midnight.’
- ‘I stopped to drop off some of my friend's clothes in the clothing drop box and realized that I was too short to push the bags all the way in.’
- ‘These started from being jokes and invitations to the pub, to coded messages, mysterious instructions, and yet more hints to other drop boxes.’
- ‘The evidence then is secured in the locked drop box.’
- ‘Photographs then should be labeled with patient information, placed in a sealed envelope, and placed in the locked drop box.’
- ‘If you tend to toss your keys and change on the nearest piece of furniture when you come home, leave a drop box by the door to hold them.’
- ‘The affidavits were signed by postal employees or, when the claims were put in a post office drop box, by the practice's employees.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.