One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But most people appreciate the candor behind the drollness and understand that the intention was well meant.’
- ‘Indeed, they were all about anarchy in atrophy, a chance to witness real drollness and intelligence in an unforced and incredibly clever manner.’
- ‘I had inferred his wry sense of humor from the reciprocal drollness of his handwritten exchanges with Robert Kennedy.’
- ‘I believe that the power to command is the first duty you must relieve yourself of,’ he returned, with equal drollness.’
- ‘Witty as Greenberg is, he doesn't snag the drollness of Hitchcock's humor as well as he might.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.