One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area where golfers can practice drives.
- ‘Most people feel that they are more consistent on the driving range than on the golf course.’
- ‘The golf at this hotel, which spans five tournament calibre courses, three driving ranges and six putting greens, is excellent for all levels.’
- ‘Each brand will get two bays at the driving range so interested golfers can try out all the latest models and perhaps get some needed advice.’
- ‘There was such demand that the high costs forced over 75% of Japanese golfers onto driving ranges and they never got a chance to play on a real course.’
- ‘Many golfers head to the driving range and all they want to do is power some drives as far as they can.’
- ‘It is a 27 hole course with excellent practice facilities, a driving range and short game practice area.’
- ‘When you look at most golfers in a driving range they stand in a little bay, which I call a cell, and don't let themselves out until they've hit the perfect shot.’
- ‘Amenities in the area include an 18-hole professional golf course and a driving range.’
- ‘A new company division is opening to handle contract maintenance on golf courses, sports fields and driving ranges in the southwest.’
- ‘There are 27 holes of golf, a driving range, a putting green, and other golf facilities.’
- ‘Your local golf shop might host demo days, either at the store or with a nearby golf course or driving range.’
- ‘Golf courses and driving ranges will encourage participation by mothers and daughters, fathers and sons, brothers and sisters.’
- ‘The 6.6 million golfers that play exclusively at driving ranges and alternative facilities represent an immediate pool of potential golfers for traditional facilities.’
- ‘There was a pool, a number of tennis courts, a 9-hole golf course and a driving range.’
- ‘Most days he likes to walk around the golf course and its driving range collecting wayward balls.’
- ‘We tested 10 types, including the goofy rubber ones found on driving ranges, to see which yielded the longest drives using the latest big-headed drivers.’
- ‘The golf complex includes a regulation nine-hole public golf course, driving range and miniature golf course.’
- ‘The driving range and the tee box are the only places where you'll never have to hit a ball that's sitting above or below your feet.’
- ‘To help me get the knack I have had to practise constantly on the driving range and at home in my garage with a plastic ball.’
- ‘It will be circulated each month to golf clubs, driving ranges, golf retail outlets, hotels and premium motor dealerships throughout the South West region.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.