One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A document permitting a person to drive a motor vehicle; a driver's license.
- ‘You don't need a driver's license to drive a golf cart on the course, but you do need some common sense and a great deal of respect for the course and the players around you.’
- ‘Once you get a driver's license, you can drive your car anywhere that is open to the public.’
- ‘First of all, the traffic police intercepted our car and asked the driver to produce his driver's license and registration.’
- ‘Right now applicants submit proof of work eligibility using any number of documents, including a driver's license.’
- ‘While the smaller models, under 3.5 tons, do not require a special driver's license, the larger models do.’
- ‘While we are in that area, we'll make a stop at Motor Vehicle and renew my driver's license, which expired almost a year ago.’
- ‘That means it is not necessary to secure a commercial driver's license to operate one.’
- ‘We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.’
- ‘He has a work permit, a driver's license and a social security card - all legally issued.’
- ‘And that is a very different type of function than we currently permit with a driver's license.’
- ‘Going to get a driver's license or getting a green card is as experience you will never forget.’
- ‘Do we want to know if the driver that is driving next to us on the freeway has a driver's license and has auto insurance?’
- ‘Several hundred ‘documented’ and ‘undocumented’ workers attended, demanding driver's licenses and blanket amnesty.’
- ‘If this is possible, what would we use on our marriage license, driver's licenses, credit cards and bank accounts?’
- ‘In the old days, before calling the station, the officer walked up to the car to collect the driver's license and registration.’
- ‘These will include a driver's license, your personal proof of insurance and a major credit card.’
- ‘You don't need a special driver's license and you do not need to pay road tax or registration.’
- ‘The officers stopped the truck and asked to see the driver's license and vehicle ownership documents.’
- ‘States will not be allowed - as 11 of them currently do - to issue driver's licenses without proof of ‘lawful presence’ in the country.’
- ‘I know we have a learner's permit instead of a full driver's license.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.