A rotating shaft that transmits torque in an engine.
- ‘Also, since there are no transmissions or driveshafts, the engine on a compact excavator powers only hydraulic motors.’
- ‘The trucks have crown and bevel gear sets which are connected to the motors by automotive style driveshafts.’
- ‘They are followed in quick succession by the center-bearing driveshaft, exhaust system and underbody panels.’
- ‘Other powertrain enhancements include thin-wall, cast-iron exhaust manifolds, a stronger driveshaft and a new clutch.’
- ‘The list included the driveshaft, rear gear, rear hub, axle, all four brake calipers, all four rotors, all four brake pads, the master cylinders, the brake lines, all four shocks and all four springs.’