One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An official test of competence which must be passed in order to get a driver's license.
- ‘A U.S. circuit court of appeals agreed, and the state returned to driver's tests in multiple languages.’
- ‘The results of our poll tonight: 95 percent of you say all state driver's tests should be administered in English in this country - 95 percent.’
- ‘In high school, I'd failed my driver's test not once, but twice.’
- ‘I have exams coming up soon, and besides that I have to study for my driver's test.’
- ‘Didn't it take you six tries to pass your driver's test?’
- ‘I am an advanced driver, and have passed my advanced driving test.’
- ‘When I took my driver's test, you had to do it with a manual transmission.’
- ‘Fine, I'll say it, I failed the driver's test, okay!’
- ‘What about the extent of the eye tests required to pass a driving test?’
- ‘Instead, I'll drive cautiously home, going under the speed limit for the first time since my last driver's test.’
- ‘Well, the catch is that in order to race at all you must pass various driving tests to gain licences.’
- ‘Then all he needs to do is pass his driving test, and his motoring accomplishments will be complete.’
- ‘All learners have to do these manoeuvres to be able to pass the official driving test.’
- ‘Nicole was infamous for failing her driver's test - four times.’
- ‘Scott passed his driver's test today and can drive to school now without his dad in the car.’
- ‘I have two teenage boys, one of whom is 16 years old, on the verge of passing his driver's test, and starting a part-time job.’
- ‘Aaron learned to drive from one of his friends, and miraculously passed his driver's test to get his license.’
- ‘Motorists who missed the deadline to convert their licences to the new credit card format should be prepared to pay fines of up to R2500 and face a six-month process of taking the learner's and driver's tests again.’
- ‘I'm in a car with someone who never took a driver's test.’
- ‘I'm seriously counting down the days until I gather enough guts to actually take my driver's test.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.