Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The part of an engine, computer, or mechanical device which brings about its dynamic movement.
- ‘I know that she has knowledge of both your drive system and your computers.’
- ‘For example, hydrostatic drive systems are popular and more responsive than anything we've known before.’
- ‘The dump body is made of industrial-weight polyethylene, and the drive system uses a winch rather than costly hydraulics.’
- ‘The system is intended for use in variable speed drives, hydraulic, pneumatic drive systems or any system where real time, passive feedback control is desired.’
- ‘Cable drum and hydraulic drive systems, including a number of options and safety enhancements, provide proven performance and reliability.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.