Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The part of an engine, computer, or mechanical device that brings about its dynamic movement.
- ‘The system is intended for use in variable speed drives, hydraulic, pneumatic drive systems or any system where real time, passive feedback control is desired.’
- ‘For example, hydrostatic drive systems are popular and more responsive than anything we've known before.’
- ‘The dump body is made of industrial-weight polyethylene, and the drive system uses a winch rather than costly hydraulics.’
- ‘Cable drum and hydraulic drive systems, including a number of options and safety enhancements, provide proven performance and reliability.’
- ‘I know that she has knowledge of both your drive system and your computers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.