Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A space inside a computer in which a floppy disk, hard disk, or disk drive can be accommodated.
- ‘If you prefer the internal route, add a removable drive bay to your computer.’
- ‘Installation went without any problems really, apart from having to find another 4 screws to attach the assembled drive bay to my tower.’
- ‘I ended up scratching up the inside drive bay pretty badly in the end.’
- ‘The hard drive installs into a small bay that's just beneath the floppy drive bay.’
- ‘The case has a removable drive bay to facilitate storage installation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.