Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A space inside a computer in which a floppy disk, hard disk, or disk drive can be accommodated.
- ‘Installation went without any problems really, apart from having to find another 4 screws to attach the assembled drive bay to my tower.’
- ‘The case has a removable drive bay to facilitate storage installation.’
- ‘I ended up scratching up the inside drive bay pretty badly in the end.’
- ‘If you prefer the internal route, add a removable drive bay to your computer.’
- ‘The hard drive installs into a small bay that's just beneath the floppy drive bay.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.