One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually as modifier A semiautomatic and typically computer-regulated system for controlling the engine, handling, suspension, and other functions of a motor vehicle.Also called steer-by-wire
- ‘The drive-by-wire throttle system has two modes - normal for on-road use, augmented by a slowerresponding calibration for creeping off-road.’
- ‘‘For safety reasons,’ he explains, ‘we have decided to follow a step-by-step procedure when it comes to drive-by-wire systems.’’
- ‘While news about drive-by-wire systems (also known as x-by-wire) continues to fill the industry journals, expectations have yet to meet reality.’
- ‘What may tip the balance in favor of 42-volt electrical systems is drive-by-wire technology.’
- ‘As a note, some drive-by-wire concepts have already appeared in upper-level, premium vehicle systems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.