One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game or contest involving the consumption of alcoholic drinks, typically as a penalty or in response to a specified cue or prompt.‘I've started a new drinking game: every time they mention baseball you have to take a drink’‘the pre-parties tend to center around drinking games’
- ‘This form of hearts is quite easily converted to a vicious drinking game.’
- ‘Things end in disaster, however, due to the revelations of an out-of-control drinking game.’
- ‘I think I also remember initiating a drinking game, but that part was fuzzy too.’
- ‘Spotting the plot holes or every time Chow Yun-Fat smiles could be a fun drinking game with friends.’
- ‘Avoid group drinking and participating in drinking games.’
- ‘This is a fairly simple drinking game for 2 or more players, using a standard 52 card deck.’
- ‘Suggested drinking game: Take a shot every time the word "adrenaline" is uttered.’
- ‘This is a place to party, and the sounds of laughter and drinking games fill the air.’
- ‘If you wait for the DVD you can turn it into a drinking game.’
- ‘If viewers played a drinking game identifying logical flaws, the participants would be passed out before the halfway point.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.