Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A game or contest involving the consumption of alcoholic drinks, typically as a penalty or in response to a specified cue or prompt.‘the pre-parties tend to center around drinking games’‘I've started a new drinking game: every time they mention baseball you have to take a drink’
- ‘This form of hearts is quite easily converted to a vicious drinking game.’
- ‘If viewers played a drinking game identifying logical flaws, the participants would be passed out before the halfway point.’
- ‘Spotting the plot holes or every time Chow Yun-Fat smiles could be a fun drinking game with friends.’
- ‘Things end in disaster, however, due to the revelations of an out-of-control drinking game.’
- ‘I think I also remember initiating a drinking game, but that part was fuzzy too.’
- ‘This is a fairly simple drinking game for 2 or more players, using a standard 52 card deck.’
- ‘If you wait for the DVD you can turn it into a drinking game.’
- ‘Suggested drinking game: Take a shot every time the word "adrenaline" is uttered.’
- ‘Avoid group drinking and participating in drinking games.’
- ‘This is a place to party, and the sounds of laughter and drinking games fill the air.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.