One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The minimum age at which it is legal for a person to buy alcohol.‘he is still one year under the legal drinking age in Ontario’‘most states had raised the drinking age to 21’
- ‘Lowering the drinking age might sound radical.’
- ‘The overwhelming evidence is that there should be a maximum drinking age, not a minimum.’
- ‘I have a right to go get drunk every night since I am of legal drinking age, but that is not in my best interest.’
- ‘Alcohol use in rural areas has been identified as a significant problem among those under the legal drinking age.’
- ‘Pretty much everybody of legal drinking age who works at Lone Star has tasted the drinks offered on its menu.’
- ‘I was just under the Canadian drinking age and the chaperones made us abide by Canadian rules.’
- ‘The drinking age is 21 here, but nobody really adheres to that, especially in college.’
- ‘Do you think the drinking age should be lowered?’
- ‘Marijuana is illegal in Britain and the drinking age is 18.’
- ‘Students under legal drinking age consumed greater quantities of alcohol than those for whom alcohol consumption is legal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.