One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rotating rod or cylinder used in drilling.
- ‘A drill stem guide and cover system is designed to guide a drill stem used in coke cutting operations.’
- ‘Venture partners Arc Energy and Origin Energy announced on Monday an open hole drill stem test flowed gas at a stabilised daily rate of 16.5 million cubic feet.’
- ‘Drilling of this well was commenced on May 7 and during the course of drilling, which has now reached up to a depth of 1,750 metres, a number of drill stem tests have been carried out.’
- ‘RIL, as the operator of the block, had conducted two drill stem tests in the F1 well.’
- ‘When extracting the drill stem, the sections would be disconnected and capped, then packaged together for the return to Earth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.