One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Access data which is in a lower level of a hierarchically structured database.‘just click on a button and drill down until you find the level of detail you require’as modifier ‘a drill-down menu of topics’
- ‘You can also drill down by categories or conduct an advanced search.’
- ‘If you feel, however, that the e-mail might be legit, log in to your account using the company's Web site and drill down to the personal account information page yourself.’
- ‘Upon visiting the home page, the user types in the name of the site, rather than drilling down a hierarchy of categorized links.’
- ‘If you're looking for specific facts, you're best off drilling down directly with a search engine such as Google.’
- ‘The reporting interface is done well, and it allows you to drill down to various levels of detail.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.