One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A table with a mirror and drawers for cosmetics, etc., used while dressing or applying makeup.
- ‘In the evening he stood beside me as I sat at my dressing table removing my make-up.’
- ‘I noticed the single oval mirror in my dressing table.’
- ‘Both have extensive wardrobes, chests of drawers and dressing tables.’
- ‘Looking up, she is at just the right level to stare at her face in her dressing table mirror.’
- ‘Next door, the second double bedroom is decorated in cream and includes fitted wardrobes, a dressing table and mirror.’
- ‘She looked at his reflection in the dressing table mirror as she unpinned her hair.’
- ‘I put my lunchbox down and grabbed the hat that was on the dressing table next to the mirror.’
- ‘On the first floor, the master suite has an open-plan dressing area lined with fitted wardrobes and a dressing table.’
- ‘I went into my bedroom and found Milly already sitting in her chair doing her makeup in the dressing table mirror.’
- ‘This has built-in double wardrobes incorporating a dressing table and vanity unit.’
- ‘There was a dressing table too, which meant the make-up could be organized.’
- ‘On the dressing table three rectangular mirrors reflected greyness from the garden.’
- ‘The range of ornamental furniture extends to cots, dressing tables and dining tables.’
- ‘Five minutes later Amanda sat in front of the mirror of her dressing table aimlessly brushing her hair.’
- ‘Features in the bathroom include a corner bath with an overhead shower, a bidet and a vanity dressing table.’
- ‘I put them through my ears and then looked in the mirror over my dressing table.’
- ‘Across the wall opposite the bed was a row of cupboards with a dressing table and a mirror in it.’
- ‘She sat in front of her dressing table's mirror, a silver comb in her hand.’
- ‘Bridget laughed at my reaction and nodded solemnly before returning to checking her mascara in the dressing table mirror.’
- ‘When I had arranged these, with my hairbrush and other toilet articles on the dressing table, the place began to look quite homelike.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.