The art of riding and training a horse in a manner that develops obedience, flexibility, and balance.
- ‘His wife, Cheryl, is a former dressage rider and sport horse breeder.’
- ‘The dressage horses were kept dead straight in their bodies - no crooked canters here!’
- ‘Olympic horse events include show jumping and dressage.’
- ‘Whether your sport is dressage, eventing, or jumping, your foal will have to want to learn and want to work.’
- ‘Eventing, dressage and some other equestrian activities will also be permitted to resume.’
- ‘There is a high equestrian element to both islands, largely involving showjumping and dressage and what have you.’
- ‘After a few years Mandy found she enjoyed dressage, where horses perform set manoeuvres signalled by the rider.’
- ‘Riders compete for Olympic medals in three different categories: dressage, showjumping and three-day eventing.’
- ‘Riders will compete in dressage and showjumping for individuals and team titles.’
- ‘We get a lot of people come out who are looking for dressage or jumping horses.’
- ‘Of the three other bits used, all are currently legal for dressage and eventing competitions.’
- ‘Musical freestyle dressage combines the beauty and strength of the horse with the stirring impact of music.’
- ‘Dressage training continues through the stallions fourth, fifth and sixth year to fourth level dressage.’
- ‘It is rare indeed for show-jumping or dressage or even polo to excite more than warm applause from onlookers.’
- ‘I was quoted in an issue of Dressage Today, and started riding on third level at dressage horse shows.’
- ‘Over 700 dressage enthusiasts watched as he worked horses from training level to grand prix.’
- ‘Pam emphasizes that dressage should be fun for both the horse and the rider.’
- ‘Three-day eventing includes showjumping, dressage and the cross country section, which is said to have the highest risk factor.’
- ‘Ring events are held every day the show is open, with equestrian events such as showjumping and dressage.’
- ‘Their novice dressage and showjumping teams have won through to the National Riding Club Championships.’
1930s: from French, literally training.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.