Having the qualities of a dream; unreal.‘she snapped out of her dreamlike state’
unreal, unsubstantial, illusive, illusory, illusionary, imaginary, chimerical, ethereal, phantasmagorical, trance-likesurreal, psychedelicnightmarish, kafkaesque, ghostly, ghostlikevague, dim, hazy, shadowy, misty, faint, indistinct, unclearView synonyms
- ‘In the beginning it has an unreal, dreamlike quality to it.’
- ‘‘It has this surreal, dreamlike quality but it's still within a genre,’ he explains.’
- ‘The general feeling is very organic, nostalgic and dreamlike without being overly psychedelic and retro.’
- ‘Everything took on a dreamlike sense of unreality, and faded into blackness.’
- ‘She had to sit stock still a lot of the time, because of the pain, but she made it a style; in her finery, she was a dreamlike vision, a surrealist object.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.