Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A team of people perceived as the perfect combination for a particular purpose.‘the two have been linked as the dream team that will revitalize New York Democrats’
- ‘‘It is time for the economic team to proven themselves as a dream team and not just as the dreaming team,’ she said.’
- ‘But 31 years later, the two are the best of friends and have been labelled the dream team by patients and staff.’
- ‘Below is the team that I would pick to play in my dream team.’
- ‘Statistics are a valuable tool to help coaches in their selections, but it will not force White in any way to change his dream team.’
- ‘After much thought, here, on the right, is my dream team from the last 25 years of English top-flight football.’
- ‘The idea of spending your days mulling over which superstars to buy and what type of stadium to build for your new dream team seems almost perfect.’
- ‘The original dream team in Barcelona is the squad coached by Johann Cruyff which won the European Cup.’
- ‘‘I described them before as our dream team and it has all happened for us,’ says Campbell.’
- ‘And just what were Fontaine and his dream team trying to do?’
- ‘But he will always treasure very special memories of March 19, 2002, when he saw his dream team do the business.’
- ‘And what of the dream team of Ally MacLeod and David Murray?’
- ‘It could be the pro-democracy camp's version of a dream team.’
- ‘The defeat against Australia was enough to convince the millions of people back home that this Indian team was not the dream team they had put their faith on.’
- ‘U.S. Postal's Colombian powerhouse, Victor Hugo Peña, wants to build a dream team of fellow countrymen.’
- ‘If you think you can do better then send us your dream team using the link above.’
- ‘It is a romantic, tongue-in-cheek kind of movie that brings audiences a dream team of sorts led by two of the hottest Hollywood darlings: Julia Roberts and Brad Pitt.’
- ‘And if you ever did buy your dream team then what an experience it would be.’
- ‘The best the so-called dream team can do now is a bronze.’
- ‘Scotland and Ireland were the dream team for Euro 2008.’
- ‘Senator McConnell, you have gone to court with your dream team to try to undo much of the bill that was passed.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.