Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A variety of poker in which each player is dealt five cards and, after the first round of betting, may discard some (usually up to three) of these cards and draw replacements from the dealer.
- ‘With 5 card draw poker, there is usually a very obvious potential hand and so deciding which cards you need to change is relatively easy.’
- ‘On top of the licensing, WCP also has far more modes and games, including Texas Hold 'em, Omaha Hold 'em, draw poker, video poker, blackjack, and slots.’
- ‘Play a game of poker without betting - maybe draw poker with a showdown after everyone has drawn the cards they need.’
- ‘You know what we say when you pull your cards in draw poker?’
- ‘Let me try to get you to see this concept with one more common example - this one from the game draw poker.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.