Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A car built or modified to take part in drag races.
- ‘The crashed dragster was a backup car from last season, which the team replaced with a brand-new car that was in the trailer.’
- ‘By quarter-finals time, four door cars and three dragsters remained in Super Pro competition.’
- ‘It's the fastest and loudest motor-sport on earth, with sensational race action from dragsters and door-slammers, beetles and bikes.’
- ‘Any fans interested in owning a Top Fuel dragster may be able to take home my Snap-on dragster at the end of the season.’
- ‘The series ended with a battle between a door car and a dragster.’
- ‘Top Comp appeals to racers and fans because it attracts a variety of cars, ranging from dragsters and Pro Mods to nostalgia dragsters and Pro Stockers.’
- ‘It contains production-based and backhalved Super Modifieds, gas dragsters, altereds, roadsters, and plenty of tube-chassis cars and trucks.’
- ‘‘I bought him just about every die-cast Funny Car there is, and he has a couple of dragsters,’ said Jackson.’
- ‘By the early 1970s, I began building some of the first MPC Funny Car kits, a lot of gas coupes and altered-wheelbase cars, and a few front-engine dragsters.’
- ‘Two door cars and two dragsters remained in competition when Saturday's Super Pro semi-finals rolled around.’
- ‘And he is getting accustomed to tuning a dragster again after so many years with a Funny Car.’
- ‘Lefthanded-steering street cars are eligible, but dragsters aren't.’
- ‘‘I really like racing against dragsters with a door car,’ said Hall.’
- ‘Wouldn't it be great if at one NHRA event, say Indy, all the Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars were painted in the schemes of some of the early racers?’
- ‘He is also a passionate automotive enthusiast Having raced everything from stock cars to karts and dragsters to the Saleen S7R supercar, Mail has a passion for going to the extreme.’
- ‘The dragsters and door cars are separated until the final, when the dragster winner races the door-car champ.’
- ‘You can drive a dragster farther than you can drive a Funny Car.’
- ‘When we're at the end of the track after a run, the neatest-sounding car is still a blown-alcohol dragster.’
- ‘A couple of years later, I sold the Funny Car and bought an engine for the dragster.’
- ‘Pro Fuel Shootout: 300 mph Top Fuel dragsters go head to head piloted by Europe's top drag racing talent in the seriously fast, seriously noisy, nitro-guzzling missiles!’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.