A slow-growing palmlike tree of the agave family, which is native to the Canary Islands and yields dragon's blood.
- ‘"Dragon Trees" are available from small starter plants to twenty foot plus specimens.’
- ‘While the luxuriant hamadryad (dragon tree) is fêted by all the villagers, each family also venerates a grove of its own trees.’
- ‘A group of tree-size species with stout trunks and stiff, broad-based leaves, growing in arid semi-desert areas, and known as dragon trees.’
- ‘Images such as the ‘dragon tree’, mist in the forest, and geomteric illusions,’ Akbar explains.’
- ‘Besides, my sister is the only one among us that can receive the wood we need from the dragon tree!’
dragon tree/ˈdraɡən ˌtrē/
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.