One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Surely one ought to think twice before allowing those same draggers that decimated the cod and its habitat to once again wreak their havoc on the ocean floor and all the species they come in contact with.’
- ‘After our presentation and many others, a representative of a draggers ' association delivered a heated stream of negative comments.’
- ‘‘Fish stocks are being depleted and corals and sponges and all fish habitat is being destroyed each day by draggers,’' a spokesman for the centre, said in a news release.’
- ‘He said, ‘in the 1960's English and Polish draggers, and the use of gill nets which caught the breeding fish, all played a part in the demise of the cod’.’
- ‘There is concern over the future of five FPI draggers based in Riverport.’
- ‘The next afternoon, the boats line up on Newport's Yaquina Bay: trollers and crabbers, long-liners and shrimpers, draggers, charters, and pleasure craft.’
- ‘Just slowing down is not always the best thing they can do for the fellows in the kayaks or the sunfish or the tender old draggers.’
- ‘DFO's decision to reopen George's Bank, an important fishing ground in Atlantic Canada, to dragger boats, without first conducting an environmental assessment, spurred the EAC to take legal action in 2001.’
- ‘‘There are a couple draggers that still fish from here,’ he says, ‘but they just land their catch and it's immediately trucked out.’’
- ‘I'd worked with lobster and scallop boats, a dragger for one very scary November day in Perfect Storm country.’
- ‘Shelburne County Resident: dragger quotas are the same as last year.’
- ‘At the beginning of September, the migrants begin passing through, bound for their northern homes - big yachts back to Oregon or Puget Sound, squid boats and draggers up to Sitka.’
- ‘Until the moratorium took effect, draggers took a few in Long Island Sound.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.