One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See drag race
- ‘He soon began drag racing at local tracks and competing in oval-track stock-car events.’
- ‘Though the venues are similar, a major difference between drag racing and stock car racing is pit access.’
- ‘Being an old-fashioned racer, I have always thought that slowing down a race car is antithetical to the concept of drag racing.’
- ‘Through their father's guidance, drag racing became their love and passion, and it became their goal to own a Top Fuel team.’
- ‘She might be involved in stock car racing, but drag racing will always be number one in her heart.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.