Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A bunt, usually by a left-handed batter, that is hit down the first baseline.
- ‘That's what he did - a perfect drag bunt - and small ball, suddenly, was no joke.’
- ‘A right-handed hitter, he will be even more of a threat when he can execute a push bunt as well as a drag bunt.’
- ‘Lefties tend to fall off to the third base side of the mound after throwing; that gives him more room to lay down a drag bunt between the mound and first base.’
- ‘The team would like him to drag bunt more, taking the ball with him up the first base line.’
- ‘He bunted twice for hits in a game against the Blue Jays, going from home to first on a drag bunt in an astonishing 3.4 seconds.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.