One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Often in our downconversions from high-definition [film or digital master] sources, a lower-resolution choice has been made in the interest of making the picture look more filmic.’
- ‘If the mixer used for this downconversion is an image-reject type, there will likely be 20-30dB less gain for the image frequencies, and a jammer getting in at the RF input would need to be this much bigger to cause problems.’
- ‘One way to free up computational resources is to move the digital downconversion into hardware.’
- ‘These devices rely on a nonlinear process called optical parametric downconversion in a nonlinear crystal such as beta barium borate.’
- ‘Digital radio customers can remove an IF stage from their system, digitising directly at 100Mz rates and performing digital downconversion in the FPGA.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.