One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cylindrical rods for cutting into dowels.
- ‘Cill planes, like sash dowelling boxes, are frequently craftsman-made, and so there is a wide variety of designs, but the main characteristic is that the iron and wedge are set into a recess cut into the flat side of the plane.’
- ‘To dowel the top prepare to drill the dowel holes using a horizontal boring tool or a doweling jig and centers.’
- ‘For reasons not established, very few sash dowelling boxes were made commercially and it seems to have been an area where the window-sash makers let their imagination run riot.’
- ‘Use the doweling jig to drill the holes for the dowels.’
- ‘Drill the holes on the jig, and make your first hole on the right side of your bookcase, then insert a dowel to hold it in place and make the rest of the holes using the doweling jig as a mark.’
- ‘To do this a mushroom spore is placed into a piece of doweling rod and then drilled into fresh timber or put into an old paperback.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.